My client is looking for an experienced security guard to assist with monitoring a busy retail store and yard against theft.
- Preventing any potential breaches of secuirty and theft.
- Carry out vehicle searches.
- Act as a traffic marshall by enssuring vehicles are being directed in and out of the yard in a safe and timely manner.
- Keep an eye on the till area and monitor staff when doing till transactions.
- Patrol all areas of the shop and yard, including blind spots.
- Log all incidents and discuss with manager on a weekly basis.
- Carry out random spot checks on staff bags excluding office staff.
- Check premises at close of day and leave with the last member of staff.
- Monitor traffic wardens outside the shop and notify any customers who have vehicles parked outside.
- Check delivery tickets on company vehicles.
- Mature and responsible attitude to work.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Good observational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to handle sensitive situations.
- Polite and helpful attitude.
- Physical fitness.
- The ability to use initiative and make quick decisions.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Clean reference check.
- Smart appearance.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.