Valeco Recruitment are delighted to be partnering with our client a retail business with a great reputation for providing quality fabrics, clothing, and interiors products in over 500 tartans through their e-commerce website, flagship Edinburgh, Albany (USA) stores and international pop-up events. They have a passion for Scotland and its heritage and pride themselves on delivering excellent and knowledgeable customer service.
We are now delighted to bring to market a permanent full time role for a Tailoring & Tartan Retail Assistant to be based and work with their Edinburgh team, learning all about tartan, clans and high quality tailoring and sharing this with their international customer base.
What will you be doing?
- Maximise in store sales on both ready to wear and custom-made items.
- Build knowledge of tartan, clan, and fabrics to allow you to advise and inform customers.
- Measure for men’s, women’s and children's wear and become an expert on tailoring options, helping customers to create custom made garments in the tartan of their choice
- Provide high standards of Customer Service at all times in line with our core values.
- Process orders onto in-house system to be passed to tailors & manufacturers.
- Work as part of the in-store team and business as a whole to complete daily tasks and reach sales targets.
- Participate in staff training and development to build knowledge and skills.
- Contribute your ideas to improve the business and embrace the can-do culture.
- Ensure all items on the daily task sheet are completed with your fellow team members, to a high standard including daily pick list, dispatch of web orders and replenishment of shop floor.
- Take responsibility to understand what needs to be completed each day and leave comprehensive notes for the following shift to complete them.
- Depending on your shift, open and close the shop, including cashing up.
- Ensure shop stock is maintained and correct using the Tracker system.
- Receive and process goods in shipments from HQ and be aware of stock availability, discontinued lines, new lines coming in etc and to communicate this to our customers.
- Work with the Shop Manager to help plan stock and contribute ideas for new collections and products.
- Work closely with HQ staff to ensure smooth replenishment of goods sold on the shop floor.
- Assist Shop Manager to plan merchandising and shop window displays.
- Ensure all merchandising tasks are carried out to a high standard & reflect our brand and current focus.
- Include stats and information within daily reports on best selling products, merchandising successes etc
- Record customer footfall and relevant information on customers, where they came from, how they found us, what they were looking for etc.
- f closing, provide a daily report to MD and Shop Manager on sales figures, customer footfall and general feedback from the day, any issues and ideas.
- Welcome hotel concierge, tour guides and other local businesses in store and share their story to build awareness and reputation of the shop
- There is the opportunity to assist at in store events and external events once have gained experience and confidence
We would love to hear from those who have exceptional people skills and can communicate with people at all levels face to face, and be able to build long standing relationships. Ideally you will be someone who has come from a fashion background/brand however if you are someone who is keen and eager to learn all we ask is that you have strong experience in customer service.
You will be able to work in a team, contributing daily in a positive and eager manner and love dealing with people.
A competitive package is on offer, with great benefits and working conditions where you will be part of a global Scottish brand with an amazing success story.
Send your CV and introduction to Valeco Recruitment and our team will review your details and reach out to you via email to arrange an interview online with our team.
A start date in December is required, to ensure full training and handover is in place for the successful applicant.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.