£40,000 + Excellent Benefits Package
Hope Valley, Derbyshire
Elevation are excited to be working with a leading manufacturer with a global reputation for quality & performance. It's a great opportunity for a high calibre Buyer with a technical manufacturing background to join the Purchasing team in the purpose built facility located in the beautiful Peak District National Park in the outskirts of Sheffield.
- Mon-Thurs 8.00 – 4.45 pm, Friday 8.00 -12.30 pm (Early finish on a Friday!)
- Company Incentive Scheme
- Generous salary sacrifice pension plan with 7.5% Employer contributions and with 8 x salary death in service policy
- 23 days annual leave rising to 26 after 3 years - plus statutory days
- Westfield Health Scheme membership and Hospital Treatment Plan.
- Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme
- Development and career opportunities
- Sports & Social events
- Free on-site parking
- Access to employee assistance programme to help with life’s challenges
We are searching for a candidate to join the Purchasing Department, where you will play a vital role in supporting the Purchasing Manager and various business sectors. This role is crucial for maintaining the smooth and efficient flow of production and supply.
- Purchase goods, materials, components and services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact to the business operations
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders to understand future requirements as the business looks to further improve its product offering to meet customers’ needs
- Help to develop creative and innovative procurement processes and implement KPI’s to analyse & improve supplier performance
- Maintain records and documentation within the department to allow full traceability, resolve invoice queries and assist with MRP, when necessary
- Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience with MRP/ ERP systems
- Proficient in the use of MS Office – Excel, Word Outlook and Teams
- Experience in managing and negotiating with suppliers
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative with minimum supervision, prioritise work load and the skills to be a good team player
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.