Job Title: Senior Category Manager
Location: Bristol, UK - Hybrid or Remote with working from home options
Compensation: Competitive + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54037
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Category Manager - Cyber, Communication and Future.
As a Senior Category Manager you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, which supplies and operates all IT, Security, Procurement, and Finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships which support delivery to our customers
Day to day, you'll You will have responsibility for category strategy development and execution across Projects and Specialist Technology Business Sectors within Babcock International Group.
- Developing category strategies, managing sourcing projects and suppliers relationships pertaining to their assigned category
- Delivering tangible, bottom-line value and benefits to the business resulting from pan-Group Category management
- Delivering efficiency and effectiveness improvements to supply chain support across the Group
- Establishing and delivering improvements to Project, Business Unit and Sector requirements, including those driven by the future bid pipeline
- Supporting the delivery of Sector and Business Unit strategies through the assurance of rigorous management of contract and supplier performance
- Development and management of improvements to the Babcock Environmental, Sustainability & Governance performance through supply chain engagement
- Managing effective stakeholder relationships involved in Category development and execution
This is a full time, permanent position based remotely with infrequent travel to Bristol
Essential experience of the Senior Category Manager
- Knowledge of either of the following domains; Cyber, ISTAR, Space, Tactical Communications and Systems
- Strong experience in a Supplier Management, Strategic Sourcing or Category Management role. Deep knowledge and understanding of current strategic Procurement techniques and value levers;
- Proven track record of commercial negotiation;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of a variety of contract forms, including drafting and negotiation.
Qualifications for the Senior Category Manager
- Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management or Engineering degree.(desirable not essential)
- MCIPS or equivalent professional qualification
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 29/11/2023
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.