Who We Are
Big things are happening at Sterling Furniture! As Scotland’s largest family-owned furniture and homewares retailing group and with over 40 years of market experience, our aim is to continue sourcing the highest quality on-trend products so the customer can find everything relating to the home under one roof. In 2019, we opened our first brand new concept store ‘Sterling Home’ in Uddingston, Glasgow to enormous success. From 2020 through 2022, we followed up with refurbishing and rebranding our Dunfermline, Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Aberdeen stores to the same standard, with many more exciting developments to come! As we build on decades of knowledge, this is a fantastic opportunity to assist in shaping the future of our business – there’s never been a better time to join the Sterling Furniture family.
We are looking for enthusiastic and positive individuals to join our team.
Alongside a competitive salary, generous holidays, and staff discount - great on-the-job training will be provided to all new staff to ensure your success within our company.
Previous experience in a retail environment is not essential – just a great attitude and willingness to learn!
To sell a wide range of furniture, liaise with customers on the shop floor to help them make informed decisions about their requirements. Full-time and part-time roles considered - will include weekend working
• Greeting customers and finding out their needs
• Recommending, selecting, and helping locate the right furniture for a ‘clean’ sale
• Upselling additional products such as footstools and care plans
• Making recommendations and closing the sale
• Process sales documentation
• Liaise face to face and on the telephone with customers
• Provide cover/support to other departments as and when necessary
Candidate Requirements - Preferred
• Knowledge of customer service and sales principles
• High energy, resilience, and tenacity
• A strong determination and desire to sell, with ability to close the sale
• Customer satisfaction orientated
• Well-developed communication skills and confident ability to speak with people face to face and on the telephone
• Competent in the learning and use of basic computer systems
• Proactive attitude to product knowledge and training
• Work experience in Retail sales/furniture sales environment is desirable
• A ‘People Person’
• A “can do” attitude with a positive, calm, and polite nature
• Reliable with ability to juggle several projects
• Team focused
What do we offer?
• Competitive salary plus commission
• Staff savings scheme
• 30 days holiday
• Staff discount
• Free parking
• Friendly, modern working environment
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.