Payroll Manager | Fast Growth Retailer
Up to £45,000
Full time in office | Newbridge | Edinburgh
Our client is the market leading UK based specialist vape and e-cigarette retailer. With over 150 stores across the UK with more store openings on the way! They are going through an exciting period of growth and are looking for someone great to lead our end-to-end payroll process.
Reporting to the Head of HR, this is a new role that will form part of the HR function.
What you'll be doing
- Supervise and Coach, the Payroll Officer
- Manage all staff movement payments e.g. maternity leave, secondments, leavers, new starts, statutory sick pay etc..
- Ensure updated paperwork is in place for movement
- Maintain HR related systems with accurate employee data
- Lead the monthly payroll process
- Ensure mileage & expenses claims are in line with the company policy
- Monitor overtime costs ensure no breach of the 48 hour WTD
- Lead the Annual salary review
- Lead payroll system changes
- Completion of Gender Pay Gap reporting
- Complete pension re-enrolment when required
- Manage payroll legal changes and compliance
Qualifications: A recognised Payroll Qualification is desirable, but practical experience is equally valued.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years' payroll experience with processing 300+ employees.
- Use of Payroll IT systems essential with use of Sage Payroll advantageous
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Provide knowledge and experience in processing end-to-end payroll
- Company Pension scheme administration (NEST)
- Highly organised with the ability to work independently and with a high level of accuracy
- Background working in projects would be desired.
** NOTE - All emails from will be sent from the following domain @(url removed) & we will never contact you via WhatsApp without calling you prior nor would we ever ask for any financial information **
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.