Proactive currently have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join a leading manufacturing company based in Nottingham.
Due to rapid company expansion and an ever growing order book, our client is hoping to recruit at least one additional Buyer to help ensure the quality and accuracy of the factory's function is well maintained throughout this new and excited influx of work.
Salary: £30-40k dep on experience
You will be responsible for:
- Gain an understanding of the company's activities, products and strategy.
- Places supply orders for components.
- Agrees suitable purchasing approaches and strategies with management, and then implements them.
- Investigates the possible suppliers and agrees with Ops and Technical management the most suitable ones.
- Communicates with management, follows company authorisation procedures and gains any necessary approval for purchasing contracts with new vendors or on new supplies.
- Continuously comparison shops and negotiates to make sure the company gets the best possible prices on needed supplies.
- Oversees supply chain management.
- Communicates with suppliers and to make sure supplies get where they need to be when they need to be, even when a deadline is tight.
- Forecasts demand for certain products and makes orders accordingly.
- Checks inventory, tracks how inventory is used, and adjusts purchasing habits in accord with apparent trends.
- Keeps a well-organised collection of contracts for easy reference when needed.
- Attends conferences to meet potential new suppliers and glean insight from other professionals in the purchasing field.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven Purchasing experience.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
- Strong negotiation and planning skills.
- Capability to gather and analyse data and to work with figures.
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills.
- The ability to positively communicate with your colleagues, management and suppliers in a timely and concise manner.
- Team player who will work with others to achieve company goals.
- Hardworking, focused on meeting deadlines and exceeding targets.
- Customer (internal and external) focused attitude.
- Experience of working with SAP would be beneficial.
- Some experience of engineered products would be useful.
Proactive Global is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.