Part Time Sales Assistant
Gordon Nicolson Kiltmakers are innovative, yet traditional highlandwear artisans, specialised in handsewn kiltmaking. From starting out in 2009, we have grown spectacularly with 2 shops, a warehouse and a kiltmaking academy now under our belts! We provide bespoke made to measure kilts and outfits, outfits to hire and highlandwear accessories.
This is a thrilling time of growth for Gordon Nicolson Kiltmakers and, as such, we have exciting and new opportunities for sales assistants to join our close-knit team on a permanent basis.
For the succesful candidate, we offer realistic scope to grow with us as we develop our high standards at the forefront of this heritage industry.
Sales Assistant Overview
Reporting directly our Sales Managers, the Sales Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that all customers are welcomed and approached in a friendly and helpful manner. It is the responsibility of the Sales Assistant to guide the customer through their highlandwear options, answer any queries they may have, measure and fit outfits and close sales and transactions.
The superior quality goods and excellent customer service that we provide, separate us from our competition and it is vital that this is threaded throughout everything that we do. The fast pace of our sales outlets demand that attention to detail and professionalism remain at the heart of our business at all times.
This role is based onsite at our locations on St Mary’s Street and The Canongate and the following roles are available;
Part Time; 12 hours, weekend working
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all customers are welcomed and treated with respect and kindness
- Handling calls and online orders
- Accepting & managing deliveries
- Preparing & managing shipments
- Teaching the customers about their options and assisting with decision making
- Taking precise measurements of customers and fitting highland wear
- Giving in depth and entertaining talks on the history of the tartan and highlandwear
- Having an awareness of stock attributes and features and using this knowledge to promote our products
- Replenishment and maintenance of stock
- Ensuring security of the shopfloor, on and offsite
- Assisting with Events and Off-Site Bookings
- General housekeeping and daily operational duties
- Knowledge of traditional highlandwear, or a desire to learn
- Proven experience in a similar, customer facing role
- Team working and collaboration
- Good communication over all levels
- Precise timekeeping
- Willingness to share relevant customer feedback
- Loyalty and discretion in all areas of the business
- Willingness to adapt to varying working environments on and off site
- Sewing skills preferable but not essential
Benefits and Reward
- Salary depending on experience
- 28 Days annual leave, inc. bank holidays
- A range of opportunities exist for further skills training and career advancement, for committed individuals.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.