Butler Ross have an excellent opportunity for a Purchasing Manager to come and join a established and industry leading retail company based in Nottingham. This company has over 65 stores across the UK and are very well respected. You will be responsible for the management of the team and ensuring that the company builds and develops a cost effective competitive and stable supply chain.
This role is 100% office based and will be managing a team of buyers and heading up the whole of the procurement function.
Duties of the Purchasing Manager
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers, ensure all KPIs are met and rapports are built.
- Identifying and working towards resolving all areas for improvement in current processes and procedures.
- Be accountable for annual targets across cost, quality, reliability and on time delivery.
- Sourcing new suppliers and products.
- Managing a successful and well established team of buyers.
- Develop and own appropriate departmental KPIs to ensure performance and improvement is measured and acted upon.
Experience required for the Purchasing Manager
- A senior procurement professional with experience within purchasing in a Retail, FMCG or Distribution environment.
- Previous people management experience and able to manage a small team.
- Proven experience in procurement of finished goods.
- Able to deal with a large number of SKUs and manage a large portfolio.
Salary: £50,000 - £75,000 depending on experience.
Location: 100% office based in Nottingham.
Hours: 8:30am - 6pm with an early finish on a Friday.
This role would be well suited to a procurement manager, head of procurement, procurement lead, purchasing manager, purchasing lead or head of purchasing, purchasing director or procurement director.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.