Leyland SDM specialises in paint, tools, plumbing, electrical, woodwork & DIY materials. We have 33 high street stores across London, supported by our central support team and distribution centre in Wembley. We are currently on an exciting journey and have some very ambitious growth plans.
Let’s paint the picture for you!
The Store Manager role in Leyland SDM has evolved; our managers are leading highly knowledgeable teams in delivering outstanding service to both trade and retail customers day in, day out. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and motivated person who can effectively manage and guide a team. The successful candidate must have experience in retail management, excellent customer service skills, and a passion for sales.
What key skills and experience are we looking for?
- Lead, manage and coach colleagues and teams to create a ‘winning’ store culture, ensuring all colleagues are local experts; able to provide exceptional customer service.
- Manage people responsibilities – Recruitment, probation/people reviews, reward, recognition, training and development.
- Lead the way in ensuring store standards are consistently at the highest level and targets are met or exceeded.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ideally a minimum 3 years of experience in trade/ retail/ hospitality management -don’t worry if you don’t know all our products, we will give you all the training you need through our exclusive training academy!
How we will reward you
- Competitive salary and very generous bonus opportunity
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Enhanced Maternity/paternity leave
- Health cash plan claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Employee discounts across the Grafton group and other high street stores
- Training and management opportunities/ apprenticeships
- Company sick pay
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Early Pay – the ability to withdraw your salary in advance
- Paid day off for Volunteering
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
In addition, you will be working for a well-established, successful and growing company in the heart of the trade. If you are passionate about customer service and are looking to further your career in retail, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.