Are you an experienced procurement manager within the civils/ construction industry? Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity? If so, please keep reading!
- 40 hours per week
- Salary up to £70000 depending on experience
- City Centre Office based
- Training opportunities
- Training and development - opportunities to develop professionally within employee discipline
- Succession planning and annual performance reviews
- Season ticket loan
- Cash plan - Healthshield
- Degree / MCIPS qualified
- Experience of operating in a fast-paced environment within the engineering or construction sector
- Having hands on experience working for contractors as Procurement Manager on large civils or infrastructure projects with extensive materials and sub-contract buying experience
- Highly proficient user of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Experience of using ERP, Procurement and Finance systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise work and achieve deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Team player with an ability to work on own initiative
- Customer focused
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
- Development of Urban Divisional MMA procurement strategy and ensure adherence and delivery through the onsite Procurement team
- Creation and management of short-, mid-, and long-term goals and Procurement objectives
- Creation and improvement of best-practice based processes (e.g., leadership of high-value/strategic sourcing efforts)
- Management of business process outsourcing activities.
- Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities
- Support a talent management process in coordination with HR to ensure that the right resources are in place.
- Managing the skills and competency development of 'dotted line' procurement staff, including training development and knowledge management capabilities.
- To develop and maintain positive collaborative relations with customers, suppliers and between key functions. To achieve high levels of customer satisfaction throughout the Procurement process.
- To promote cross-functional strategic analysis and decision making and total cost of ownership principles, taking account of business-wide demand and supply forecasts. Develop and implement effective category, contracting and supplier strategies that mitigate supply market risks and reduce the cost of procured materials and services, in accordance with the governance process and applying fact-based principles based upon rigorous demand and supply analysis.
- To lead category, contracting and supplier strategies and develop and implement strategies as appropriate.
- To lead the effective sourcing, tendering and negotiation of goods or services for the Alliance to achieve business priorities, efficiency targets, compliance with Company policies and in line with procedures, governance, legal (including EU Directives where appropriate) and regulatory requirements.
- To maintain and develop an appropriate supplier base.
- To implement appropriate controls and audit regimes that enable compliance with company procurement and commercial policies and procedures.
- To promote a culture to make a decision based on 'value for money' on 'a whole life cost basis,' encompass sustainable solutions, remove unnecessary waste without loss of function, challenge specifications, consolidate volumes and standardise processes.
- Operational Procurement Management providing high level support to the onsite Procurement Team.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.