Buyer will join my clients buying team with responsibility for product ranging and price and promotion activity across multiple range categories.
Do you have keen attention to detail, a strong commercial understanding and proven ability in supplier management?
My client are leading the way within their field. Being operationally efficient and effective is central to their proposition. My client has huge plans, with the aim is to be the "business of choice for suppliers, customers with the best team within their industry".
My client continues to grow and aspires to become a £100M business within 5 years. The overall business strategy for 2022 is to "Build now for 2025+".
- Buyer will manage supplier relationships for your category of responsibility and develop trading terms and Joint Business plans to maximise sales, commercial income and margin and stock availability.
- Develop range plan's and carry out range reviews to optimise ranging, utilising customer research, market data and Sales team feedback to meet overall strategy and drive category growth.
- Management of the Product life cycle and responsibility for ensuring right first time sku data.
- Continually review sales / stock reports and take appropriate action where necessary ·
- Manage supplier promotional activity schedules across a range of suppliers to drive sales and profit and negotiate best pricing.
- Manage Supplier price changes and price monitoring v competition.
- Buyer will support key new product launches to the Sales teams.
- Develop knowledge of given area to create a reputation of 'centre of excellence' ·
- Producing reports for supplier meetings, KPIs, and any ad-hoc requirements.
- You will understand the company's vision, mission and values and your role in delivering these.
- Supporting the Head of Buying in the strategic development of the Range and Margin model.
- Experience within a Buying position
- An understanding of pricing margin analysis to deliver margin improvement and cost.
- Advanced Excel Skill Level
- Full UK and clean driving licence - desirable
- SAP experience - desirable
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Passion for pets would be preferable
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- Hybrid working (on site 2 days a week 3 days a week working from home)
- Other benefits including pension and incentives
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.