Logical Personnel Solutions are acting as an employment business on behalf of our client based in Sheffield.
Our client are currently looking for an experienced transport planner/supervisor on a permanent basis. This role is working Monday – Friday with a minimum of 3 days in their Sheffield office and with the flexibility of remote working for the other 2 working days. Ideally the successful candidate should have 5+ years experience in a similar experience.
Salary - £30,000- £40,000 DOE
- Manage the workflow between e-commerce site, our 3pls and retail clients.
- Optimise service and cost of logistics management from origin to our customers
- Review incoming orders for completeness and accuracy to ensure timely delivery to our customers.
- Work effectively with 3PL partners on the management of outbound shipments to customers.
- Partner with the team to manage unique customer requests and during times of allocations or order cuts when inventory is low or out of stock.
- Proactively communicate exceptions in delivery or order fulfilment issues to the marketing and Operations Teams, looking for opportunities to mitigate issues.
- Support the Supply Planning Team with transportation management and tracking of shipments between our partner facilities
- Build out and own key supply chain metrics to ensure on-time delivery and 100% fulfilment rate
- Manage relationships with warehouse and fulfilment partners to ensure order accuracy and desired inventory levels
- Manage global shipment schedule and outbound shipment requests
- Ensure all necessary documentation is prepared and coordinated between sites.
- Resolve shipping-related issues with freight forwarders and customs brokers.
- Report and investigate shipping incidents with Quality Assurance.
- Investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Support the evaluation, selection and quality audit of logistic providers.
- A proven track record in developing new processes and bringing about change and improvement without major disruption to the business
- Exceptional project management and follow up skills
- Process driven with the ability to plan, be strategic, and execute operationally on a regular basis
- Self-motivated and willing to accept responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise effectively to deliver results within established timelines
- Competitive base salary & access to company pension
- All the equipment you need will be provided
- Flexible working
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support
- Professional development opportunities
- Company paid social activities
- 28 days holiday (PLUS bank holidays) as well as generous parental leave
Must be able to attend site in SHEFFIELD, UK a minimum of 3 days a week.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.