An exciting opportunity has arisen within Merseyrail for an experienced Head of Retail to join the business. The role is responsible for shaping the ticketing and retail strategy and delivering a programme of ambitious transformational change for the business. We are looking for an engaging and innovative leader who will oversee the design and ongoing service delivery for retail and ticketing solutions across the business and will lead and manage the Sales and Ticketing Analyst who will support design, delivery and business as usual service. The role holder will be responsible for ensuring that the business develops and maintains effective relationships with other third-party stakeholders to support the delivery of Merseyrail's ambition to 'Modernise Retail', aligning with local and national government to provide passengers with a customer focused method for purchasing travel across the network which integrates seamlessly with other areas.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Responsible for building, maintaining and managing relationships with stakeholders, including 3rd party suppliers, other commercial operators, Merseytravel, Department for Transport, Rail Delivery Group & GBR, to drive forward the Future Ticketing strategy and keep abreast of industry developments that may impact Merseyrail.
- Responsible for developing and driving future ticketing and associated retail strategies. Providing leadership and strategic direction to colleagues to ensure stakeholder expectations are met and deliverables are fit for purpose.
- Provide subject matter expertise, articulating complex technology and ticketing system concepts and challenges to internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Responsible for devising innovative design specifications which align with outputs of the Future Ticketing strategy and support procurement of assets and services as and when required.
- Manage relationships with other internal directorates and senior management team as appropriate and facilitate Future Ticketing governance arrangements by working closely with PMO team.
- Liaise with colleagues from Revenue Growth to continue to strengthen the customer ticketing proposition by leveraging a strong understanding of technology to inform ticketing strategies.
- Liaise with other TOCs, RDG and PTEs to maximise opportunity for integrated travel through technical interoperability.
- Manage supplier relationships and take ownership of full contract lifecycle with all relevant 3rd party suppliers. Act as an escalation point to manage any conflict or issues and support Sales & Ticketing Analyst to hold suppliers to account where required.
- Work closely with Merseyrail's Procurement team to deliver any procurement that is required for retail and Future Ticketing, and in the short-term manage the Project Manager responsible for delivering Procurement associated with Future Ticketing.
- Chair the Retail & Future Ticketing Group ensuring the successful delivery of retail and future ticketing initiatives, ensuring engagement and accountability within key areas. In addition to this, scope and manage any emerging retail and future ticketing risks.
- Participate in Merseyrail's Senior Leadership Forum, playing a part in shaping the future of the business and ensuring the Retail & Future Ticketing Strategy are aligned with Merseyrail's Business Strategy.
- Responsible for managing the retail strategy for major events, ensuring tickets can be retailed to large volumes of passengers and revenue is protected.
- Lead, manage and motivate Sales & Ticketing Analyst to support BAU activity and to support enhancements to the retail and ticketing proposition across all systems. Manage associated workload and priorities by ensuring that clear objectives and outputs are in place and progress and quality is monitored.
- Support Sales & Ticketing Analyst and other colleagues to manage operational budgets and ensure that associated processes are accurate.
- Responsible for the development of Sales & Ticketing Analyst technical knowledge and support ongoing configuration and software changes across all systems, ensuring that change control processes and procedures are managed.
- Scrutinise spend with suppliers and work cross-function with procurement colleagues internally and at group level to drive best practice, value for money and transparency.
- Represent Merseyrail and actively contribute at all industry forums and events featuring future ticketing.
- Work with the Commercial Director to deliver the wider objectives of the department.
With a focus on achieving results, the successful candidate will be self-motivated, pro-active, and have a drive to deliver improvement. They must have previous experience operating at a senior level delivering retail solutions ideally within public transport.
The successful candidate must have the ability to be flexible in their work approach and be a highly effective communicator with well-developed inter-personal skills that gain the confidence internal senior stakeholders, customers and suppliers alike.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.