Procurement Specialist, Bristol (12-month maternity cover)
Do you want to make a big difference to our world? We may make small parts but the difference they have on people's lives, is big. Our products are used all over the world in many industries from slip clutch applications in electric car doors improving safety, to bearing mounts in motors improving efficiency and saving electricity.
What type of person are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. We are also interested in you as an individual, what you can bring to the table. So if you would say yes to the majority of the points below, you'd probably be a great fit and we would be really interested to hear how we can bring your individuality to our great team:
- You are qualified to CIPs level 4 or have equivalent experience and have worked in a Purchasing/Procurement team.
- You can manage key areas of the Purchasing function, including leading negotiations if required and supporting with critical supply issues.
- You are skilled in managing Supplier relationships to develop effective long term partnerships, including communicating forecasts, auditing and monitoring KPIs.
- You enjoy streamlining and digitising processes and procedures which support teams to meet customer objectives efficiently.
- You have experience in or understand strategic development and implementation, ensuring that business objectives are met.
- You are an excellent communicator who enjoys overcoming challenges, working collaboratively and being part of a small tight-knit team in Bristol.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to use their technical knowledge and experience in a supportive, dynamic and forward-thinking environment.
You will have access to a great range of benefits including and not restricted to a bonus scheme, retirement savings plan with generous company contributions, an employee discounts platform, 25 days' holiday with options to purchase or sell days, tailored training programs, and share ownership schemes.
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.
So, we are on a mission to make Saint-Gobain inclusive and accessible to all, with role models for you to look up to and learn from, no matter who you are! We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
We recognise that we need to improve our diversity so would particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: (url removed)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.