KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Skills & Employability sectors.
Job Title: Retail Trainer / NVQ Assessor
*Trainee or Qualified Assessor Opportunity*
Location: Bristol / Bath - Home/Field based (Must be flexible with travel)
Salary: £25,500 - £26,500 depending on qualifications and experience
Package: Excellent Holiday Entitlement, Mileage, Pension, Company Car after Probation + Much More!
Type: Full-time, Permanent
For trainee candidates; this is a great opportunity to transition to a new and rewarding career within the training industry!
Drawing on the wealth of experience you have at Retail Management level, to deliver vocational qualifications to learners working in the Retail industry.
Full training and support will be given to trainee candidates to achieve the Level 4 Assessor Coach qualification, upon achievement salary will be reviewed.
Essential Criteria for all candidates:
- The successful candidate must have at least 5 years' experience within Retail and have worked at Store Manager/Area Manager level.
- Ideally have experience working within Food/Supermarket and/or Fashion retail, though this is not essential.
- Confident to deliver Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT – (Must hold own at grades C or above – or Key/Functional Skills at level 2) - full training provided
- Excellent IT / Computer skills
- Happy to undertake the Assessor award for trainee candidates
- Full, clean, UK driving licence and use of a vehicle.
- Must be flexible with travel.
- Assess and support learners working towards Retail Apprenticeships (New Standards) up to Level 4; as well as Business Admin and Customer Service up to Level 3 via a blended learning approach (Remote/online delivery and some face to face learning).
- Deliver training and support to learners undertaking Functional Skills - Maths, English and ICT to level 2.
- Conduct online and face to face observations learners to gather evidence towards their qualifications.
- Managing your diary efficiently to ensure timely visits and reviews are conducted.
- Organise and maintain documentation on learners' progress.
- Support, advise and motivate learners.
- Overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet learner’s needs.
- Meet Assessor KPI’s in terms of timely visits, quality paperwork and general administration.
- Assessors are expected to take part in learner recruitment to maintain own caseload.
- Must be an excellent communicator who is learner and quality focussed.
- Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate people.
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.