Health and Safety Divisional Director
Leeds (with UK-wide travel) |circa £80,000 plus car allowance
Irwin & Colton are pleased to have been engaged by an industry-leading real estate company who are looking to bring on board a new Health and Safety Divisional Director. The vacancy focusses across their UK business pipeline, particularly leading on one of their largest client partnerships within the retail industry. The role reports into the business unit Managing Director with a dotted line to the Group Director.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead on the health and safety in a professional and dynamic working environment.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Divisional Director will include:
- Engaging with key stakeholders to drive a positive health and safety culture, from employees right through to board level across the clients
- Supporting the wider business units in the development and delivery of health and safety strategy, identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the health and safety function internally and externally
- Assessment and development of the health and safety management systems and compliance to ensure that it reflects best practice
- To analyse risk across the UK-focussed business unit and then create and drive strategy to mitigate those risks
The successful Health and Safety Divisional Director will have:
- Proven experience within property or the built environment, ideally from a corporate background
- Experience in influencing, engaging, and liaising with stakeholders across all levels of organisations, from site through to boardroom
- A NEBOSH diploma (or equivalent) and relevant membership of a professional body (e.g. Chartered Member of IOSH or working towards)
- Good working understanding of relevant ISO systems (ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001)
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established real estate company with a long history and strong heritage.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) (phone number removed) or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.