We are AMS. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client is a globally respected engineering organisation, providing white collar, Blue collar and engineering services to many sectors including energy, aerospace, marine and defence. They are committed to innovation and the continual pursuit of improvement, and with a brand holding over 100 years of service they are now developing their technology capabilities, venturing into new markets and building their customer base further.
We are seeking 2 Commercial Officers who possess negotiation, contract drafting and analytical skills, can exercise sound business judgement and are articulate and confident dealing with ambiguity.
These roles are available on initial 18 month contracts, aligned to our Client's Bristol Defence business and will have a strong element of remote working available (around 20% site based).
The Commercial Officer will have proven experience in negotiating contractual terms and conditions as well as being able to build relationships and influence across organisations. The Commercial Officer will have an aptitude for understanding the business and how to shape our commercial deals to make sure we balance risk and reward across a culturally diverse range of customers.
The Commercial Officer will empower capture teams to win and deliver better business by supporting the development of accurate, timely and innovative contractual solutions. You will also:
- Draft and negotiate contract terms with customers using appropriate techniques, strategies and input from subject matter experts
- Develop and implement contracting and negotiation strategies for new business using relevant processes and procedures
- Identify potential risks and liabilities in concepts, proposals and contracts and implement appropriate means to manage these.
- Instruct and administer new and existing business agreements providing trusted advice and guidance to ensure understanding of internal and customer obligations and contract points.
- Previous commercial and contracting experience; has strong negotiations skills, understands risk and Terms & Conditions
- Sound business and commercial acumen including the ability to interpret commercial issues and understand the commercial components of deals and how to influence them.
- Ideally experience within aerospace or defence
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Please note that due to recent changes in Off Payroll (IR35) legislation, our client only operates with contractors that operate via a PAYE or Umbrella model. We are unable to accept applications from candidates wishing to operate under their own Limited Company.
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.