My client is engaged in the wholesale of products to trade and direct consumer. As a leading brand, at the forefront of their industry, they are always keen to find highly ambitious professionals to join their team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company as part of their highly skilled Procurement & Supply Chain team. Taking on a key role within the department, you will manage a spend of £5-10M and be strategic in your approach to Procurement. Supplier and sales facing, you will represent the business with stakeholders and be tasked with sourcing and onboarding contractual frameworks.
My client has a thriving operation and encourages ambitious professionals to develop their career with internal support and training from the business. They are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is looking for a long term move and enjoys working within a fast-paced environment in order to manage their increasing demand, whilst also rationalising SKUs across the business.
The role will be expected to work closely with other departments to gather necessary data and provide analysis and reports across the planning and purchasing teams. Therefore, ability to work cross functionally and communicate at all levels is necessary.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Creating reports based on historical sales trends, promotional activity and current market and product information
- New supplier sourcing, building on previous relationships and creating new long-term relationships
- Managing a category spend of £5-10M+
- Procuring product at the best price but at the best quality
- Working closely with commercial teams on NPD, change in sales, trends and activity
- Producing effective end of product plans for slower stock
- Ensuring accuracy of forecast, reporting on opportunities to improve process and performance
- Utilising Excel to interrogate and manipulate data
I would be keen to speak with candidates with the following skills and experiences:
- Proven supplier relationship building and supplier facing exposure
- Wholesale or Retail Procurement Industry experience
- Good understanding of ERP and strong Excel skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- The motivation to continually identify areas of improvement and influence others
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist division of Elevation Recruitment focusing on purchasing, sourcing, supply chain and management roles in Yorkshire and surrounding regions. If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would love to hear from you.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.