The RSPB are looking for an enthusiastic team player to join us as a Retail Assistant at our South Stack reserve, to help us deliver fantastic customer service.
Retail Assistant - RSPB South Stack Nature Reserve, Holyhead, Wales
Reference: JUL(phone number removed)
Salary: £9.90 - £10.98 Per Hour
Hours: 0 hours contract to support the team during busy periods, holidays and sickness absences
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days Annual Leave (pro-rata)
The main focus of the Retail Assistant role is to serve customers and ensure they have the best experience possible. You will also help maintain the retail displays, process deliveries, operate the till, and respond to visitor enquiries in a friendly and professional manner.
Working on a nature reserve means there’s always plenty going on and you’ll need to be prepared to deal with almost anything. You will receive full training and support on all aspects of RSPB Retail, which will enable you to drive sales, be a positive role model to the team, and an ambassador for the RSPB.
- Ensuring the retail store is delivering the highest standard of customer care.
- Working with the retail management team to achieve financial targets and Key Performance Indicators to deliver against retail store goals.
- Ensure the retail store is commercially merchandised and stock levels are appropriate.
- Ensuring all retail admin, operating processes, security including cash handling and health and safety in the retail store adheres to RSPB procedures.
What we need from you:
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent.
- Computer literate.
- Enthusiastic approach to work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to travel to the reserve without the use of public transport.
- Experience of working at a retail environment/visitor attraction.
- Experience of working in a sales background.
- Retail certificate.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Till operation and payment handling.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to manage and respond to customer needs and feedback.
Please note, that there is no public transport to the reserve.
Closing date: 23:59, Wednesday, 10th August 2022
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.