Our Store teams are the heartbeat of WHSmith so we’re looking for an engaging, driven, articulate Store Leader in our Harlow High Street Store to deliver operational and customer service excellence day in, day out! You will lead, energise and motivate your team to delivery excellent store standards and performance to support the Cluster Manager in the delivery of our trading plan.
This is a fantastic new opportunity, where you will use your leadership and operational experience to support future growth and development, leading your team to deliver excellence in all aspects of day to day retail. By being proactive and maximising local opportunities, you can really make a mark.
What you'll do:
• Review the trading plan with your Cluster Manager and set and agree key actions that are reviewed on each visit
• Ensure the store is clean, tidy, priced & full and that colleagues are available at the right times to serve customers
• Ensure your team members are supported, set clear and measurable targets, performance expectations and objectives, and review regularly
• Ensure training around product knowledge is kept up to date so you can develop experts who are focused to sell at the right times
• Keeps teams up to date on stores, cluster and business performance and appropriately challenge what store teams can do to help
• Lead by example on the shop floor, have a hands-on approach and set high standards for your team
• Ensures legal, health and safety and legislative requirements are met within the store
What we'd love to see from you:
• Current Store Manager, Assistant Manager, Team Leader or Supervisor with at least 6 months supervisory experience
• Working knowledge of KPI’s such as ATV and TPC
• Is flexible in approach to support the wider cluster/area as required
• Ability to motivate teams, build strong relationships and communicate well at all levels of seniority
• Experience of supporting employee training and development, able to adopt an engage rather than tell approach
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.