Business Development Executive – Home working
This company are looking for you to be the physical face and representation of their values to their customers. They are a trusted partner in protecting brands in the Food Industry and their end consumers around the world.
They need someone welcoming friendly, approachable and open to new ideas
Positive: Confident, and keep things simple: remove complexity and bring clarity
The Business Development Team are responsible for the acquisition and retention of new clients for the business. Through a combination of excellent customer service and the ability to get to the heart of what their clients want, the BD Team set their Advisory Services Team up for success by getting a clear brief and managing client expectations. Making the sales that drive the company forward, and build the client relationships that allow it to keep growing year on year.
Responsible for management of the inflow of opportunities from potential new clients as well as generation and qualification of new business leads, qualifying them for new sales opportunities and nurturing them to realise new business
On any given day you may be speaking to key industry figures about new product launches, working with regulatory advisors to put together service proposals and quotations, or meeting your clients face-to-face to solve their problems. This is a highly varied job that requires the ability to be flexible, and open to new challenges.
• Generate New business and to quality leads.
• Management of requests for new business efficiently
• Scoping work requests with the client and developing a clear brief of what services are
• Creating and issuing work quotations for new projects, using established rate card and following up to close the sale
• Liaising with the Advisory Services Team to provide answers to specialist queries in a timely manner
• Checking and maintaining complete and accurate data on relevant systems, at all stages of the project
• Producing required reporting with agreed content on a regular schedule
• Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients, and taking on account management duties for these clients if required. This may include face-to-face client meetings, regular reporting and the development and implementation of process improvements to ensure the customer has the best possible experience with our Client
• Attending, and contributing to, regular internal meetings to keep the Business Development Manager and Sector Director updated on the progress of your projects and clients
• Provide cover for the Customer Services Executive if required to do so
Skill Set and Experience
• Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A quick learner, with a passion for problem-solving and willing to pick up new skills and knowledge at pace
• A competitive nature
• Experience of Cold calling and lead generation
• Self-motivated with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
• Customer service-oriented and committed to providing an outstanding level of service •Professional, and able to communicate appropriately with clients
• Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
• Friendly, approachable, and flexible - a team player.
• Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrating a "can do" attitude.
• Strong telephone communication
• Numerate, logical and with good IT skills.
• Knowledge of food industry and/or regulatory services.
• Project management experience
UK (Remote working)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.