If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career, our award winning Apprenticeship programme could be for you! Join us as a Buying Apprentice and from day one you will be working with an experienced team and will be able to make an instant contribution to our multi-million pound project.
You may not have the experience yet, but you want to earn-as-you-learn, whilst gaining a qualification in a professional working environment, so why not give your career a kick start and join our BAM Apprenticeship Programme?
With this Apprenticeship you can complete a Level 3 Procurement and supply assistant standard. Our Apprenticeship will be a full-time role from Monday to Friday.
• Identifying potential suppliers and new products in line with BAM UK strategy
• Contacting a range of suppliers and sub-contractors to obtain quotations
• Sending out buying enquiries for current projects & placing complex orders
• Sending out tender enquiries in support of and working with estimating regional teams
• Keeping detailed records and maintaining well-organised work schedules
• Assessing the reliability of sub-contractors and suppliers in terms of KPI's and feedback
• Dealing effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials and delivery of services
• Ensuring compliance with the safety, health, environmental and sustainability requirements of materials and services
• Providing advice to the estimators on the predicted cost of individual items
Who are we looking for?
5 GCSES including English and Maths.
Good time management, critical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Excellent problem-solving and negotiating abilities.
Willingness to gain professional qualification within the procurement function.
Who are we?
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.