Zachary Daniels are proud to be partnered with a leading omni channel retailer, on the recruitment of a number of Assistant Buyer positions covering multiple categories.
We are looking for Buyers of the future, so If you are an Assistant Buyer or Junior Buyer hungry for a progression, this could be just the opportunity for you!
You will need to have experience working in a commercial team, be passionate about product and have great communication skills. You will also demonstrate the ability to use analysis to understand your market and customer which is then delivered in your results.
The position of Assistant Buyer is designed to work with the Buyer in managing the full cradle to grave process of buying. From sourcing and product development through to the actual trading performance of the category, this is a role that comes with lots of autonomy.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Create and implement an effective category strategy that incorporates buying, ranging, supply, margin mix, promotional framework, merchandising, planning and stock management
- Consistently review trading performance ensuring that planning and forecasting is rigorous
- Be the product expert by working cross functionally to deliver a range of products across branded and own brand
- Using customer data, introduce exciting range extensions/enhancements
- Ensure customers are engaged with through packaging, pos, communication and launch documents for the wider business
- Regularly review performance of category whilst driving key KPI's including sales, margin, margin % and rebates
- Ensure products are set up to time and accuracy
- Build and maintain effective relationships with suppliers
- Establish excellent relationships cross functionally including creative, marketing, digital, supply and quality
- You will be an established Assistant Buyer (or similar level), within a retail buying environment
- Demonstrate a passion for product with a balanced focus on delivering a commercial range that exceeds customer expectation
- Strong product development and sourcing experience, working across both branded and own brand
- Naturally analytical and inquisitive
- A proactive team player who thrives in a fast paced and autonomous environment
- Results focused and hungry for progression
This is a great category area to be a part of that is both high profile in the business and comes with real breadth that allows both the creative and commercial side to flourish.
Our client has a brilliant reputation and down to earth culture where everyone has a voice and can make a genuine impact. With clear pathways of progression this is a brilliant organisation to be a part of.
On offer is a strong salary and benefits package but also the chance to progress and develop the skills in high performing categories.
Zachary Daniels is a Niche, National & International Recruitment Consultancy.
Specialising in Buying, Merchandising & Ecommerce | Design, Technical, Wholesale & Production | Finance | HR & Talent | H&S & Compliance | Marketing, Digital & Technology | Property & Centre Management | Retail, Trade, Leisure & Wholesale Operations | Senior Appointments & Exec | Sales | Supply Chain & Logistics
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.