You the Assistant Buyer - Apparel will plan, manage the design process, source and select a commercial range of products within a structured supplier base.
A leading retailer in the Leeds. The business has been around for over 80 years and have a multi-channel offering. They are also known for their internal progression.
- To manage the development process to an agreed critical path.
- To achieve the best garment fit / product by working closely with QA and design where applicable.
- To negotiate with suppliers and maintain good working relationships.
- Full understanding of customer needs to maximise profits and provide a commercially viable range.
- To increase turnover and profit by remaining competitive and innovative in line with competitors.
- To assist in sourcing / developing new suppliers to service the brand portfolio, in line with brand strategy.
- Liaising with suppliers and chairing supplier meetings.
- Manage the critical path to ensure all dates are adhered to and delivered in full with no delays.
- Working with the merchandisers to manage in season sales with required intake / OTB
- To analyse performance and consumer buying patterns to predict future trends, forward plan and innovation - always ensuring you are fully aware of competitors' activities and products.
- Oversee all web photography, styling and descriptions for your ranges, ensuring product is photographed on time to launch on the web when stock arrives in the warehouse.
- Ensure that we achieve the best possible in store presentation through relevant packaging development and contribution to the visual merchandising brief where applicable.
- Range building, colours, direction and product development of seasonal ranges with the supervision of the Buyer.
- Knowledge of relevant garment / products / fabrics and constructions
- Presentation skills - visual, verbal and written
- Organisational skills - the ability to manage the critical path from product development to delivery / in store sales
- Team player - ability to manage working relationships at all levels
- Numerate - working with margin calculations and budgets
- Negotiation skills - ability to work with suppliers to agree the best price for a product while maintaining quality requirements
- Understanding of the clothing industry & trading environments. Broad knowledge of either retail or wholesale environments
- Creative flair - ability to balance creative product selection with a commercial eye
Salary £20k - £25k + close to transport links + Free Parking + Career Progression Opportunities + Mix of Home & Office work +25 days holiday plus 8 + Early Finish on a Friday
Assistant Buyer - Apparel
Assistant Buyer - Apparel
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.