Customer Service Advisor
What will I be doing?
Join our team in Edinburgh, just a 10 minute walk from the meadows and join an organisation who has been a 'Top Employer' 7 years in a row with an award-winning flexible benefits package.
Ready to start your career and unlock massive progression opportunities? Look no further...
As a Customer Service Advisor you will have one of the most important roles within the branch network.
You will regularly be the first and last point of contact for customers visiting the branch so you play a huge part in delivering a fantastic customer experience as well as promoting and maximising sales.
To support the team you will;
- Welcome customers to the branch and take an active interest in their projects.
- Get to know our product lines so you can offer advice and help to customers, making the most of all customer interactions in line with our Jewson Values.
- Help to prepare customer orders, load and unload customer and supplier vehicles using a Fork Lift Truck to minimise manual handling (training will be provided).
- Check incoming deliveries and report missing or damaged products.
- Maintain stock levels in both the shop and yard areas, carrying out regular stock counts.
- Keep the branch looking clean and tidy, to make a great first impression on our customers.
- Use our in-house systems to process customer orders to support the branch team, as and when required.
- Make Health & Safety a priority and demonstrate how you can keep yourself and others safe at work.
- Work with colleagues to suggest opportunities for improvement.
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit great people that really understand our values and ways of working. Experience within our industry is not essential, we are committed to providing you with the full tools and support required to carry out your role within Jewson. So if you have a passion for delivering great customer service, always look to put the customer first; can build trust and are able to proactively seek out solutions that are right for our customers, then you are likely to be a great fit!
- As this role is working in the warehouse and yard you'll often be working outside, so this is a great role for people who enjoy being outdoors.
- Full workwear and PPE is supplied.
- Given the nature of this role, experience of using a forklift is desirable.
Are we diverse?
We're working hard to be, and we're keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you! We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
Are we flexible?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.