Basic salary £60-80K +bonus etc
Company car, laptop & phone
An internationally owned, instantly recognisable national brand with market leading products, sold via an extensive franchise & B2B network are growing an already successful sales team and now need a Business Development Director to lead this small team & shape the direction of growth.
This position has been created within this stable well-established business, thanks to a significantly increased product portfolio & scope. This role will be a mix of team development & management, pipeline control and selling directly to internally supplied leads & self generated pipeline activity.
Business Development Director – B2B Telecommunications – Job Role:
- Managing a team of 5+ Sales Representatives
- Liaising with the B2C management population supplying leads into your team
- Ensuring your team are effectively developing, maintaining & closing their own pipeline
- Attending appointments selling telecommunication products on a face to face basis (B2B)
- Pro-actively self-generate new business opportunities (cold calling) and manage to a successful sales outcome, stockpiling for future if not in the sales window initially
- Effectively follow up leads supplied by the B2C side of the business
- Travel throughout the specified region to meet with customers
- Manage both self created and supplied prospect pipeline
- Achieve sales targets by selling a wide range of telecommunications products and services
- Utilise rapport to build strong & lasting customer relationships
- Deliver market leading customer service
- Upsell and cross sell services and product portfolio to throughout active base
- Stay up to date with customer changing staffing profile to ensure all opportunities are maximised, support your team to do the same
- Negotiate the terms of agreement and close sales
- Utilise the inhouse systems to accurately and effectively process sales in a compliant manner
- Able to inspire respect from everyone at all stakeholder levels both internally and externally. It’s anticipated you will have excellent Business Sales experience, gained in a professional B2B sales environment in Telecommunications, Fixed Line Communications or IT. You will show a clear appreciation of how a technical, service based Corporate organisation can improve the customers' business by helping them select the optimum services from your product portfolio.
- You will be a natural leader, able to get the best from your team in a modern engaged and employee centric organisation.
- Self-motivation and complete sales presentation skills are essential requirements. Consistent over-achievement will be significantly rewarded.
- Managed field based sales people
- Demonstrable track record of excelling in field sales
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and listening skills
- Be able to provide evidence of achieving sales targets
- Able to communicate at all corporate levels
- Team player, whilst also showing lone wolf hunger
- Ability to display and provide examples of skills in negotiation, communication, active listening and a sound commercial acumen.
- Previously sold Telecommunications, Fixed Line Communications or IT
- £60-80K basic salary DOE
- Achievable bonus structure with significant opportunity to increase earnings
- Company car, laptop & phone
- A positive working environment in a successful business with excellent growth plans
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.