This role will give you exposure to a wide range of accounting and analytical duties (both management and financial) including budgeting, forecasting, VAT and P&L reporting. The successful candidate will ideally have excellent analytical skills and feel comfortable working with large volumes of complex data along with a keen eye for detail as they will be working with a lot of reports and discrepancies in order to investigate and resolve.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ensure that the accounting records are kept up to date and that routine financial reports and information are produced on a timely basis
* Recording of expenses, company credit cards and company fuel cards, ensuring that spends are monitored and reported efficiently and any misuse is reported
* Assist and support all cross functional departments including payroll and operators
* Preparation of payment runs on a weekly basis, ensuring timely payment of royalties and advertising, as well as rents, rates and utilities
* Reconciliation of all cash balances ensuring that any deficits are reported
* To ensure all invoices are properly authorised and processed in accordance with agreed procedures
* To ensure that all fixed assets are recorded and accounted for
* To ensure that accruals and prepayments are accurately calculated and reported
* Maintain effective reporting on management accounts to ensure that the Group Financial Controller and Group Head of Finance can make informed decisions and report back to the Directors in a timely manner
* Provide ongoing support to all Senior Leaders within the business in terms of ad-hoc duties and reporting as required
* Assist heads of department and Directors on day to day concerns and comply with standards set and required to maintain the profitability of the Company
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
* Highly computer literate, able to adapt to new accounting software, including gaining a detailed knowledge of external EPOS systems for different brands
* Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
* Able to spot opportunities to improve and develop processes and reporting
* AAT qualified or equivalent or QBE
* 30 days' holiday inclusive of Bank holidays
* Potential study package for the right candidate
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking company which can offer an enjoyable and stable working environment and offer a host of developmental and progression opportunities to grow! If you would like further information on this position or like to progress with an application to the role, please call Sarah-Jane Skott as soon as possible!
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.