Financial Controller | Manchester Airport (Hybrid) | £70,000 - £80,000, plus car, 25 days, benefits | FMCG and Retail
This is a brilliant commercially focussed FC opportunity to join a global business and an industry leader in the UK. The company operates in a rapidly growing industry and both manufactures and sells goods across a wide network of partners. This role is based from Manchester Airport but will also have involvement in the wider UK operation.
About the role
The Financial Controller will effectively act as a Head of Finance for this retail divison of the business. The role will report directly into the FD and take full ownership for finance within the division covering technical aspects as well as commercial and business partnering. For these reasons, this is a high profile position and will be involved with multiple stakeholders across the organisation.
- Support the production and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all divisional accounts - focusing on stock, cash and credit card control accounts
- Support the Finance Manager to build budgets/ short-term reforecasts and working with the broader business on a regular basis to highlight opportunities and risks
- Provide detailed understanding and insight on monthly results, identifying opportunities to drive value and highlighting key risks with cashflow to the business
- Build relationships with Management, IT Partner, Supply Chain and other teams, supporting and challenging them with tracking to budgets and other key metrics such as cash collection and minimum controls
- Ensure accurate reporting of all retail, supplier and 3rd Party accounts. Work closely with stakeholders to streamline and define processes and ensure accuracy in reporting
- Responsible for supporting the operational profit delivery of the business and adherence to the business plan
- Delivering accurate, timely and actionable insight on operational performance communicating current trends, challenges and opportunities
- Assist with the development and implementation of systems, processes and applicable data reporting controls
- Ongoing development and training of the team with a focus on delivering 'best practices' across the business
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Experience gained within the consumer sector, preferably at a large complex organisation
- Highly organised and structured, ability to forward plan to ensure personal and team deadlines are achieved
- Ability to influence Senior Business Stakeholders to challenge performance
- An ability to provide commercial and financial strategic insight
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to tell a complex story in a compelling manner via all means of communication
- Ability to deliver process innovation and change management
- Warehouse Management System and SAP Knowledge beneficial
£70,000 - £80,000, plus car, 25 days, benefits
Zachary Daniels and our client are both equal opportunity employers. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.