Join our Cook Family In Ditcot
Exciting New Shop Opening be part of something special
Flexible for full days or half days but will include some weekends
3 X 8hrs -
2 X 12hrs
3 Casual Staff as when required but will know shifts in advannce
- The customer is always more important than anything else you are doing.
- Create a friendly shop with a fun buzz, giving every customer a warm welcome.
- Offer every customer a taster and use it as an opportunity to talk about our food.
- Ask open questions and provide expert information about our food, as appropriate.
- Share information with the customer on new products, what goes with what, side dishes, serving suggestions, garnishes and so on.
- Keep yourself up to date with all our products, including how and where they are made. Understand what dishes suit which occasion – be an expert
- Use your knowledge to help customers plan menus or advise on catering for occasions. Talk to customers about upcoming offers, products and promotions
- Be a whizz on the till. Pack customers bags quickly and carefully. Give a gracious goodbye.
- Be thoughtful – help carry bags to car, entertain children, offer another basket. Do whatever you think appropriate to help the customer have a good experience.
- Know your shop targets and aim for them!
- We are a food business – make sure the shop always looks immaculate, clean and spotless.
- Make sure stock is replenished and rotated, and the freezers are full.
- Be a whizz on the till. Operate it efficiently and accurately. Use in store computer to record till data.
- Understand the shop paperwork, necessary legal checks and their purpose.
- Open up the shop. Close the shop and cash up.
- Checking in deliveries and placing orders.
- Ensuring paperwork is complete and accurate.
- Assist with stock taking as required.
- To follow the Health & Safety policy and to report anything which may affect team or customers wellbeing to the Manager immediately.
- Look smart with apron, and name badge at all times.
- Support your Shop Manager and Team members by being an active part of the team, being willing to contribute and roll your sleeves up, and work together to create a remarkable shop.
- To complete all training in a timely manner
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.