We are excited to be looking for an Assistant Shop Manager to join our Derby, Crown Walk store which is located within the Intu Centre.
This is a part-time opportunity working 30 hours per week over a 4 days period.
As an Assistant Shop Manager you will:
- Assist in developing in store systems and promote donations and sales to maximise profits
- Representing Mencap as an efficient and charitable organisation by ensuring that your actions reinforce the Mencap aims and values
- Strive to ensure stock is generated from the local area and donors
- Sign up donors to the Gift Aid scheme and ensure maximum income is achieve through Gift Aid
- Achieve profit targets by ensuring sales are maximised and the cost are effectively managed
- Maintain the store to a high standard of presentation throughout.
- Build an effective volunteer team and provide training, development, work reviews and appraisals to paid staff and volunteers
- Assist with the responsibility for all financial and cash handling and health and safety.
To be successful, you will be:
- An experienced assistant manager, manager or supervisor with the ability to assist maintaining budgets and complete weekly income and banking sheets accurately, preferably with previous charity retail experience.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours and days including working weekend and Bank Holidays as appropriate.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge within our charity retail stores, please apply today.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
JOB I.D: 25581
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visit the direct gov website.
There is something for everyone at Mencap, please use the following link to see some of our amazing benefits you receive when you work for us.
https://(url removed)/(phone number removed)/ac6fdbd7b9
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.