As a Junior Merchandiser, you'll take responsibility for your own product range, managing supplier relationships, the Range Plan and WSSI and work collaboratively with the relevant Buying team to land the range successfully, with close support from the Merchandiser.
- Responsible for preparing seasonal buy plans through thorough analysis of historical data, understanding future trends and activities
- Maximise opportunities and minimise risks by monitoring actual performance vs plan and taking remedial action where necessary.
- Work collaboratively with your relevant Buying Team, developing commercial ranges, establishing initial stock intake plans and setting core KPIs, ensuring the final range selected meets these targets.
- Maintain effective control of Open to Buy, Intake, Despatch, DC & Store stock levels, providing accurate forecasting of markdown spend and terminal stock forecasts to the business.
- Responsible for the coaching and development of Trainees and Assistants within your team and deputising for the Merchandiser, attending meetings as and when required.
- Proven experience of working as a high achieving Assistant or Junior Merchandiser within a similar retail environment
- Excellent commercial awareness
- High standard of numerical ability
- Exceptional data interpretation and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the business
- Ability to work independently
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK's most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.