Job Title: ICT Administrator
Salary: Salary Dependent upon Experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Are you passionate about ICT? If you are hard working and adaptable with a pro-active approach to problem solving, then Real Foods could have the right job for you.
As an established Edinburgh retail company, we have extensive IT systems including some bespoke software created in-house.
Over the last 40 years we have sought to be innovative and forward thinking in our use of ITC to increase efficiency in all aspects of our business, including stock management, selling online and frontend EPOS systems.
We are looking for a reliable, flexible person who is able to respond well to any problems small or large and who can work on their own initiative as well as take direction from the ITC Director.
Primary duty will be to administer the company's network & security, Windows based servers and systems to include:
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Administer and maintain security of the network
- Install and upgrade computer components and software; manage virtual servers.
- Troubleshoot hardware.
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection. Disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Resolving ICT support issues and supporting and training users.
- Providing support to a variety of networked systems including PCs, EPOS tills, Scales, CCTV, printers, telephony systems (including VOIP) and Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Support the ICT Director in evaluating user and business needs and ensuring that ICT facilities meet these needs.
- Assisting the ICT Director in all ITC matters including further project development.
Key Skills/Knowledge Base Within a Windows Environment:
- Network Management and Security.
- System Administration.
- Familiarity with hardware and the ability to disassemble and assemble as required.
Not essential, but advantageous, would be some familiarity with:
- MS SQL Server Administration.
- Telephone Systems based on PBX.
- Exchange Server Administration.
- CCTV Systems.
- MS Virtualisation (Hyper-V).
- This is a fulltime position based at our Edinburgh City Centre Shop and Offices. Working hours are flexible, but some must fall out with normal office hours to allow access to systems when they are not in use.
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Staff discount of 35% is available and enrolment in the NEST pension scheme.
Overseas candidates will NOT be considered for this role. We are not sponsoring Visa’s at this time, so please refrain from applying unless eligible to work in the UK.
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; IT, IT Helpdesk, IT Support Engineer, IT Customer Support, Helpdesk, IT Support, IT Support Technician, Infrastructure Engineer, 2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer, 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, ICT Systems Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, 3rd Line Support, 2nd Line Support Technician, Technical Support, Technical Support Technician, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, ICT Technician, IT Systems Support, IT Technician, Information Technology, IT, 1st Line, 2nd Line, Technical Support Engineer, Technical Customer Support, Tech Support, Tech Support Services, Customer Support, IT, Customer Services, Remote Support, Engineer may also be considered for this role.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.