Assistant Store Manager
Aesop has carefully cultivated a work environment in which our employees are constantly challenged to do their best. Our company is determinedly creative, intelligent and progressive, and nurtures these qualities by employing people who share our passionate interest in design, innovation, and incisive enquiry across all fields.
Our organisational culture is entirely unique, distinguished by an uncommon blend of courtesy, cordiality and intellectual energy. We seek those who can bring a wealth of life experience and inspired ideas to our table.
In return, we provide comprehensive induction and training programmes, and encourage an inclusive culture that nurtures enduring professional relationships. We also appreciate the benefits that flow from our employees’ external pursuits.
We raise our bar high at Aesop and never lower it; this is one of the keys to our success and one of the many reasons why people wish to work here. If you would like to join Aesop, we invite you to peruse our current career opportunities.
Purpose of the role
Aesop seeks a dedicated and ambitious Assistant Store Manager to join our team at our Aesop Shepherd's Bush store, in London. The successful applicant will have flexible availability. This is a full-time position and you will be required to work 5 days per week.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the Store Manager in driving the operations of the store to maximize results and the achievement of Key Performance Indicators. In partnership with the Store Manager, you will maintain and present the store in accordance with company guidelines, handle the daily operations of the store, demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the brand, products and internal procedures, and monitor the team’s performance and developing their level of competencies through regular coaching.
To be successful, you will have :
- Experience in retail as Assistant Manager or Supervisor
- The confidence to sell products requiring specialist knowledge
- A willingness to embrace demonstration-based sales techniques
- A demonstrated commitment to outstanding customer service
- Excellent communication skills and merchandising abilities – including the capacity to converse warmly and effortlessly with customers
- Computer literacy encompassing strong familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite
- Deep affinity of the Aesop brand and its values
- -Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
Aesop proactively seeks out curious, creative, passionate individuals who think laterally and are capable of delivering work of the highest standard. We place great importance on employee retention and development.
- Competitive salary
- Monthly commission potential
- Product allocation and staff discount on Aesop products
- Volunteering allowance
- Wellbeing benefits – competitive annual leave entitlement, wellbeing days off, complementary mindfulness app subscriptions
- Pension and private medical insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance counselling service
If this sounds like something you may be interested in, please do apply now.
Aesop is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a creative and inclusive workplace where talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting inclusion for all with the belief that diversity, inclusion and belonging plays an important role in the success of our organisation. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.