I have been retained on this fantastic Demand and Supply Planning Manager opportunity, based in the Nottingham area. My client are a fast-growing FMCG organisation and are looking for a hands-on leader who can implement strategy, drive change and improve systems and processes.
My client are one of the leading FMCG retailers within the UK market! Central to their proposition is delivering the "wholesaler of choice for both suppliers and customers alike". This means they balance the needs/wants of their suppliers with theirs and provide both independents and national account customers with excellent next day delivery service. This drives customer loyalty and ensures the long-term success of the business and with over 200 suppliers and 10,000 products servicing over 2000 customers!
The Demand and Supply Planning Manager role is an important new position in the business the candidate must successfully create clarity and alignment withing the team and with both internal and external stakeholders whilst fostering a culture of accuracy and continuous improvement across both systems and processes.
- Tasked with effectively controlling the overall stock position for the business. This involves managing the inbound stock process Inc. forecasting, supply/ordering, delivery across all group warehouses (6) and managing the overall stock position for the group in £ and days cover
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure lead times and ordering increments are understood, executed effectively and opportunities for improvement are evaluated and where appropriate delivered. Central to this side of the relationship will be to manage the supplier manual ensuring suppliers are held to account for their inbound performance across the key measure set out in the manual
- Delivery of market leading OTIF to customers, of which they service approx 2,200 over a 12-month period.
- Drive the improvement of current MRP/SOP systems and processes and identify fit for purpose processes and requirements to support the growth of the business going forward
The Demand and Supply Planning Manager role calls for an experienced and qualified professional with considerable experience in supply chain management, ideally within a retail, manufacturing and/or distribution environment. The successful candidate must have proven leadership qualities and be able to mentor, coach and develop and empower individuals that directly report into post to drive performance.
- Extensive experience in supply chain management - ideally in a high SKU count environment and across multi-site business
- Adept at managing and developing MRP, stock replenishment and forecasting systems
- Hands on experience in working with SAP - ideally SAP Business One
- Highly driven, tenacious, and comfortable operating at pace in a progressive organisation
- Great interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and colleagues
- Team leadership, man management and coaching experience with the ability to lead by example
- Excellent organisational and planning skills and comfortable in fast changing and ambiguous situations
- Proven track record of being able to deliver ambitious projects and drive change in an organisation
- Computer literate in Microsoft Suite. Requires advanced Excel Skill Level
- Must hold a current UK Driving License
The successful candidate will be offered c. £50,000 - £60,000 plus 10% bonus potential, PHI and 25 days holiday plus BH. My client also promote a hybrid working environment.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.