Due to continued growth for this specialist food manufacturing business, there is now an excellent opportunity for a Buyer to join the team.
This is a newly created role that will allow a purchasing professional to maximise the potential for the department.
The key focus of the role is to manage effective purchasing for the site, including contract, tendering and expediting processes.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, typical responsibilities as Buyer will be to: -
- Build strong working relationships with suppliers.
- Manage a spend of £15m
- Source new suppliers and negotiate favourable terms.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and manage through to fruition.
- Manage supplier performance.
- Develop purchasing procedures for the site.
The successful Buyer will: -
- Have purchasing experience gained in a manufacturing environment.
- Enjoy the opportunity to develop a robust purchasing function.
- Be able to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ideally be CIPS qualified
On offer: -
- A salary circa £40,000
- Hybrid working
- Working hours 8-4 or 8.30-4.40 Monday to Friday
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Well being scheme
- Realistic progression potential
Interested? Please follow the 'apply now' link to send your CV to Emma Brighouse at Morgan Ryder Associates.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.