An exciting opportunity for a Trade Counter Sales Assistant to join our team. You will participate in the effective and efficient running of our store. As Trade Counter Sales Assistant you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the shop. The role is based primarily on the shop floor but you will be involved in other part of the business such as online trading.
Salary: Competitive salary starting from £26,000 to £30,000 depending on experience plus benefits:
- annual bonus and sales commission opportunity;
- 30 days holiday year, increasing with service,
- employee discount for all products in our stores;
- company pension and cycle to work scheme.
Duties & Responsibilities:
v Sales of a wide range of paints, tools & fixings, mostly in the shop but also sometimes on the telephone or online.
v Carry out cash/card transactions, refunds processes accurately and in accordance with store procedures,
v Assisting and advising customers with the selection of products,
v Responding to a wide range of queries from customers,
v Maintaining stock levels and assisting with the stock take,
· Knowledge of paints, tools and previous experience in DIY or Builders Merchant store is essential for this role,
· High standards of customer service and excellent telephone manner,
· Proactive and sales driven attitude
· A driving licence would be useful,
· Ability to work as part of a team
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.