This growing product-based business that specialises in providing their products to various sectors including engineering, aerospace, defence, and utilities is seeking a Bid Coordinator. Reporting into the Commercial Manager and working closely working with the Commercial Team
We’re seeking a Bid Coordinator who can use the company’s Tender Library to help win business. With excellent written and communication skills you will review contract requirements and tender questions, raise clarifications to customers and prepare high quality bids. You will be meticulous, efficient, articulate and driven to succeed, demonstrating high levels of productivity and results, across a wide range of commercial bids. Duties include: -
- Identifying contract opportunities using on-line journals
- Compiling data from each department to put together
- £250K per annum bids to £1.5M
- Reviewing PQQ & ITT information to identify opportunities, issues, and risks, assessing feasibility and preparing a bid/no bid recommendation
- Using the tender library, drafting clear, concise, and evidenced tender responses, meeting tender specification and requirements
- Drafting all clarifications from Gleave and managing customer responses.
- Preparing RFQ letters and correspondence to suppliers to obtain information required for the bidding process.
- Submitting bids to customers in a timely manner
- Reviewing customer feedback to update and improve the Tender Library i.e., when the bid has won
- Work with an extensive bid writing
- Preparing customer and supplier correspondence on a diverse range of commercial issues
- Maintaining the tender library
- Working across the business to gather evidence and examples to support future bids
- Act as Project co-ordinator for all bid projects, delegating tasks and documentation, chasing for responses, and updating Senior Managers; ensuring timely completion of successful bids.
- Ensure customer satisfaction is maintained throughout the tendering and mobilisation process
- Assist other departments as required
Skills and experience:
- Previous bid experience in either bid admin, bid support, bid co-ordination and some general bid writing experience (essential)
- If you’re enthusiastic about writing and wish to develop contract knowledge and gain experience in a commercial role, then this could be the ideal role for you.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Good knowledge of CRM system would be ideal
- Experience of public sector and product bid writing (ideal)
- Degree education would be ideal (but not essential)
What’s on offer: -
- 8.30 – 5 pm (flexitime)
- Free parking
- Bonus scheme
- This is an office only based role
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Free parking
- Extensive career progression
- Study support as required
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.