Benefits: Stakeholder pension scheme, life insurance, up to 60% discount on new ranges, £100 welcome voucher to spend on in house products when joining, 25 days holiday, extra days holiday off for birthday, free on-site parking, free fruit or pie on Thursdays!
Hours of work: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Venatu are delighted to be working with a fantastic retail brand who were established 23 years ago and offer stylish, laid back clothing for men and woman plus original gifts and accessories that won't be found on the High Street. The ethos of the company is that life should be about living for the moment, getting out there and enjoying yourself.
As a merchandiser, you will work as part of a team of 6, who are a close knit and you will be joining a forward thinking and progressive company.
- To load new product details in line with the critical path.
- To place initial and repeat orders as required and chase outstanding orders to maximise stock availability and customer satisfaction at all times.
- To merchandise the Direct Despatch lines of key wholesale customers - includes loading website information for wholesale partner, including categorisation/product attributes.
- Set up new style details ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Load initial orders as instructed.
- Place initial and repeat buys with suppliers as instructed.
- Negotiating best delivery dates.
- Provide recommendations for in season repeat buys in line with budgets and targets.
- Proactively manage the commitment file and seek all possible improvements on delivery dates where we expect to have stock availability issues.
- Chase outstanding orders to ensure deliveries arrive on time.
- Highlight all delays and or delivery failures to Merchandise for additional input.
- Update the booking-in diary.
- Run daily stock reports/Back Order reports.
- Assisting with proof-reading of catalogues/publications.
- Proactively work with wholesale customer to agree lines selected on a DD basis to maximise demand.
- Agree launch dates in line with critical path dates.
- Ensure products launch on time and are accurate on wholesale customers website.
- Manage the removal of lines from sale with customer when stock levels dictate.
- Always be proactive in seeking solutions when problems occur.
- Level of Back Orders
- Percentage of stock availability
- Completion of all tasks to meet critical path deadlines
- Accuracy of product set up and order raising
- Demand levels with wholesale customer
- Service level with wholesale customer
- Accuracy of website data/categories for wholesale partner
- Run daily stock reports as required and format using Excel.
- Run daily minus figure reports and take relevant actions as required.
- Action stock adjustments as required.
- Ad-hoc Merchandise admin tasks as required.
- Mark-up catalogues with sales figures within season.
- Load and send initial orders as indicated, ensuring suppliers are fully aware of all conditions.
- Place repeat orders with suppliers as indicated ensuring that required quantities and delivery dates can be achieved. Where agreement cannot be reached raise the issue for additional input.
- Make bookings for deliveries from suppliers and ensure that the required packing lists are available in advance. Update the booking-in diary.
- Book stock onto the system once inspection is complete.
- Ensure good housekeeping of the outstanding commitment file so that accurate purchasing decisions can be made.
- Chase outstanding orders and maintain delivery dates on the system to ensure accurate information available to customers at all times.
- Highlight all stock availability issues in season (current and future) to the Merchandise Manager and proactively chase suppliers for solutions.
- Obtain and check commodity codes from suppliers.
- Set up new product details with 100% accuracy.
- Provide cover across the rest of the merchandise team when required
- Provide the wholesale customers with images.
- Set up all styles on the systems ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Load website information for wholesale partner(s) - including categories and product Attributes.
- Check products on wholesale customers website daily - check against stock levels and manage when styles are removed from sale.
- Run daily demand reports and ad hoc analysis as and when required.
- Liaise with the warehouse/despatch on the daily manifest.
- Provide recommendations for in season repeat buys considering demand, stock levels, future activity, product lead time and minimum order quantities.
- 1-2 years of experience working in Merchandising.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Must be committed to providing outstanding customer service.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels inside and outside the business.
- A love of going the extra mile as standard.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A team player with a positive attitude who can lead by example.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, please make contact with us today by pressing apply! Please call David on (phone number removed) for more information.
At Venatu Recruitment Group, your right to privacy is important to us. By applying for this job, your information will be entered into our recruitment system. This will enable you to register for job alerts, apply for jobs and for us to help you find your next role.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.