Job Title: Supply Chain Specialist
Compensation: £40,000 P/A
Role Type: Full time Permanent
Job ID: SF41298
Babcock's Land Sector spends in excess of £900m per year on goods and services. This role is within the Defence Equipment business unit (BU) and is an exciting opportunity to provide Procurement and Supply Chain Management support to two key contracts; Phoenix II (Fleet Management) and Contract Hire (Vehicle Leasing and Maintenance)
Who we are looking for?
This successful candidate will be responsible for Procurement activity, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Risk Management and Operational Service Delivery for their allocated category/supplier portfolio, ensuring delivery of our contractual performance obligations to our customer; the UK Ministry of Defence.
This portfolio will consist of a combination of services/supply sub-categories including; Vehicle Leasing/Fleet Replacement Programme, Vehicle Hire, Quoted Rental, Automotive Consumables and/or Vehicle Servicing, Maintenance, Repair & Inspection (SMRI) supporting the two main contracts within Fleet & Information; Phoenix II (Fleet Management) and Contract Hire (Specialist Vehicle Leasing and Maintenance).
What will you be doing?
Leading procurement/contract renewal activity for your specific sub-category, including management and administration of procedures such as Request for Information (RFIs), Invitations to Tender (ITTs) and resulting Contract negotiations and renegotiations.
- Acting as agent for the UK MOD, ensuring procurement activity is undertaken in full compliance with UK Public Sector Procurement Legislation and/or Crown Commercial Service Framework.
- Ensuring appropriate flow down of head contract requirements and obligations through to the supply chain
- Development of Category / Supply strategies that consider customer requirements and pertinent external market factors.
- Development of Supplier Relationship Management plans for respective suppliers to generate value delivery and to identify, manage and mitigate risk.
- Proactively manage supplier underperformance in accordance with contract SLA's and KPI's to ensure delivery of service to our operational teams and end customer.
The experience you'll bring
- Undertaking procurements or contracting in accordance with Public Contracts Regulations (PCR)
- Evidence of previously working in an end to end procurement role, leading tenders, negotiations, implementing new contracts and extracting value over the life of the agreement.
- Evidence of managing supplier performance against contract SLA's and KPI's periodically and delivering improvements
- Experience of acting as a focal point for relations with third party suppliers through Account Management or Supplier Relationship Management background.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) or working towards (desirable)
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- Share ownership scheme
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.