My client, a leading supplier of household goods including kitchenware, houseware, and electrical products to the retail sector, is seeking x 2 Merchandisers/Merchandiser Planners. One role will be to deal with Amazon customers, catalogue customers and smaller independent stores, whilst the other role will be to look after leading retailers/supermarkets across the UK. You will report into the Head of Merchandising and take responsibility for: -
- Dealing with client forecasting and carrying out forecasting on a regular basis as well as managing critical path
- Liaising with the Buying team regarding critical path and lead times
- To be responsible for the management of all post sale activity & demand planning for agreed confirmed lines/customers.
- To undertake daily trading analysis on the nominated customer accounts, ensuring availability of correct stock in the business for all live lines.
- To maintain daily contact with customers, demonstrating excellent customer service skills to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Full responsibility for ensuring on time delivery to the customers
- To advise any customer PO movement to the Buying team in a timely manner.
- Update customer specific reports and distribute them accordingly
- To maintain a clear and 100% accurate sales order book on the company’s ERP system including dates, margin, quantity & price
- Notify customers of shortages or if a product is taken off sale
- To understand the customer’s forecast model maintaining an agreed in stock position at all times and reporting any out-of-stock issues to the relevant sales executive & customer as required.
- To publish daily and weekly trading reports highlighting trends, threats and potential out of stock issues.
- To raise all received forecasts to the companies’ ERP system
- Cross ref forecast/catalogue reserves when doing stock builds and reduce as needed
- Monitor serviceability and predict reduced forecasts based on stock availability
- Update stock holding based on MintSoft figures prior to stock build as well as updating MS Navision
- Stock build – Move stock from on location to another dependent on customer demand and availability
To apply you must have: -
- Recent merchandising/demand planning experience (ideally 12 months plus)
- Forecasting experience
- Demand planning ability
- Experience of critical path
- Strong customer services experience
- Experience of using an EDI system would be ideal
- Knowledge and experience of MS Navision or MintSoft or similar would be ideal as well as MS Office
What’s on offer: -
- Free parking
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- Hours are 9-5 Monday to Thursday and 8-4 on a Friday
- Discount on all products
- Career progression
- Please note, this is a full-time office-based role
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.