Technical Assistant Food - Liverpool
Salary: £30k - £40k (Dependent on experience)
Our client is a producer of all Vegetable Suet, Margarine and Fats. They have developed a range of purpose-designed margarine and fats for industrial food production.
An opportunity for an experienced technical assistant looking for a more autonomous role; with a view to developing to Technical Manager managing the whole technical process within 6 – 9 months.
Responsible for ensuring that all products manufactured meet safety, quality and legal requirements. Working closely with the team; monitoring and maintaining the Company and the customer’s quality assurance systems, food safety audits and HACCP.
- Working with the Managing Director to continually develop and maintain the Company quality management system working to maintain their BRC AA standard and HACCP
- To continually maintain awareness of any key legislation changes and any Food Safety incidents within the industry
- Advise on hygiene and housekeeping, factory fabrication and food handling practices to ensure products are produced in a food safe environment.
- Work with team to ensure compliance to customer’s policies and standards and the BRC Global Standard for food safety.
- Support Managing Director to provide information and expertise to external customers on all food safety and quality related matters.
- Comply with the customers standards and policies.
- Be the main contact for customer audits. Liaise with customer/third party auditor(s). Ensure all documentation is available. Implement agreed corrective actions.
- Support Managing Director to ensure compliance to relevant standards e.g. RSPO, MSC, etc.
- Complete internal audits.
- Ensure maintenance of customer and raw material specifications.
- Minimum of 3 years working within a HACCP/BRC food manufacturing environment.
- Experience within a previous food technical role.
- Experience developing and completing audits.
- HACCP Qualifications and Accreditations would be advantageous
- A Food Science Degree would be desirable
- A passion for delivering results and the drive to exceed expectations.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- A passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience.
- Ability to be flexible to meet business needs.
- Superb communication skills
- Professional approach and attitude.
- Full time
- 9am – 5pm or 8am to 4pm
- Monday to Friday
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.