This is a Procurement Manager role supporting on a volume of projects and contracts.
Michael Page are working with a large firm looking to appoint a Procurement Manager.
- Promptly establishing a business partnering approach with all relevant stakeholders to ensure effective engagement and appropriate communication internally.
- Gaining a clear understanding of existing processes and key support areas of the firm in order to facilitate the successful delivery of procurement activity and post-contract support in the form of Supplier Management.
- Seeking best possible value and preferential terms from the firm's contracts with its suppliers and identifying opportunities for savings and collaboration.
- Influencing effectively both internally and externally to deliver Procurement team objectives.
- Timely, regular communication with Head of Procurement to advise of progress and to ensure effective senior stakeholder communications and escalations, and deputising for the Head of Procurement in times of absence.
- Liaising closely with stakeholders to ensure that Supplier Management and other strategic initiatives are clearly understood by the wider business, and delivered to auditable parameters.
- Demonstrating wider knowledge and ability to act as SME, so that Procurement is well positioned to deliver optimal value to the organisation and its clients.
- Leading on designated strategic procurement projects ensuring value for money on all projects.
- Contributing directly to the strategic change initiatives and implementation plans for the team.
- Support in shaping the Procurement strategy, policy and processes, which allow us to maintain focus on risk management whilst further developing commercial capabilities and profile.
- Demonstrable experience in a senior indirect procurement role, managing people and delivering strategy.
- Experience of leading Supplier Management activities.
- Ability to work at pace and comfortable in a changing environment.
- Demonstrable experience in independently managing end to end high-value procurement contracts and projects
- A track record of delivering savings, and other value-adding benefits across procurement projects
- MCIPS qualified.
£60 - £65k + wider benefits package.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.