Are you an experienced Store/Unit/Branch Manager looking for a change in career and maybe sector, are you sales, customer and operationally focused. Do you enjoy leading a team from the front and have a thirst for learning, then look no further. We are looking for a Branch Manager Designate to come and join our team of branches in the Greater Manchester area and learn the ropes of becoming a future Branch Manager for Travis Perkins.
Hours - As a BM Designate your working week will be Monday - Friday 7.30am - 5pm and Saturdays 8am - 12pm (working 2 in 4 Saturdays). Like our customers we enjoy our Bank holidays off!
The Branch Manager role at Travis Perkins is one of the most challenging yet rewarding positions in our business, so its imperative that as a Designate we give you the time you need to understand how our branches operate and provide you with a great induction. As a BM, you will play a vital role in our continued success, you'll support the delivery of our Doing What Matters strategy at a local level through amazing operational effectiveness, leading your team from the front, making sure we are working better for customers and providing a first class service, controlling costs, and keeping colleagues and customers safe within the branch at all times.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary, annual bonus and car allowance
- 22 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Great discounts across the Travis Perkins Group businesses, including Toolstation
- We also have a number of online discounts at leading retailers from theme parks to eating out and cinemas.
What will I be doing?
No one day is the same as the next in TP branch life, but with your new found knowledge of our business, here are a few pointers:
- Our success is built on strong relationships with our colleagues and customers so it's essential you can coach and develop a team to deliver the highest standards of service.
- With your learned knowledge of the products and services we offer, you will be a pivotal contact for our customers, nurturing great relationships, understanding their needs in order to offer expert advice and recommending alternatives to profitably maximise the sale of goods.
- You'll be involved in all aspects of management, including Branch Manager meetings and conference calls.
- You'll be required to move around the branches to gain further exposure (from time to time).
- Safety is at the forefront of everything we do, your aim will be to ensure that all our colleagues and customers leave the Branch safely, by adhering to all stay safe policies and procedures.
- Being able to commercially manage all aspects of a Branch and business.
What experience do you need?
You don't need you to come from our sector, we are looking for transferable skills - inspirational leadership, operational management, sales experience, great customer service, commercial acumen and knowledge of health and safety.
Does this sound like you?
We hope you can say 'Yes' to all of the characteristics below - they are in the DNA of all our fantastic TP Branch Manager Designates. Are you:
- Passionate, inspirational and an engaging leader, who has the ability to create and cultivate a "one team" approach through collaboration and motivation.
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment, who is naturally curious with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Someone that is highly adaptable, resilient and tenacious with high levels of energy and drive.
- Able to spot a great commercial idea, influence, persuade and deliver it.
- Career focused and want to build a career to become a key player in the success of a large PLC?
Being a Branch Manager Designate in TP gives you a fantastic opportunity to excel and to continue to develop. How will you know you are doing a great job and developing your career? Simple. We will support you with a development plan that embraces our values - we call them Cornerstones. These are Working For Our Customers, Upholding Family Values, Being The Best, Keeping People Safe, Making Decent Returns
What you waiting for - apply today - closing date for applications - 31st January
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.