As part of the expansion of the New Business function, an opportunity now exists for an experienced Bid Writer.
Responsible for writing high quality bid responses for new tenders and proposals. The role is also responsible for introducing and coordinating the bid response process by developing and maintaining a central bid repository of boilerplate answers and templates.
As required for smaller bids this role will also step up as required to provide a bid manager role in addition to the writing requirements.Key Responsibilities
Opertaing as part of a bid wrting team, ideal candidates would have experiunce in the following areas:
- Compile, edit and proof read tenders and proposals ensuring that these are presented in a professional and concise manner and answer the questions asked in the corresponding RFP/ITN etc...
- Review and revise documents created by SME contributors and coordinate into the final bid document ensuring a consistent approach throughout the tender response.
- Develop knowledge of the business and its services by reading and reviewing previous bid documents and spending time with the sales teams and operational functions area.
- Together with Sales & SME's, develop the proposal strategy and the storyline (main selling points, product and service portfolio on offer, pricing strategy, partner strategy if necessary.
- Work with Business units across the UK to review and improve materials to develop a consistent set of standards through the bidding and proposal function
- Step into bid manager role for smaller bids as required and lead bid process.
- Develop the UK bidding solution and work with SME's on developing blueprint plans for typical scenarios.
- Provide leadership and guidance for less experienced staff
- Work effectively with BD and Sales teams to complete capture plans and create solutions in advance of tender release.
- Deputise for Bid Manager as required
- Assist Bid Manager in developing the proposal structure
- Bid writing experience - ideally for a transport or service industry background
- Experience of local government and private sector bidding and how to respond
- Excellent team working skills being able to have SME's on board and work with them on their solutions is a key area
- Ability to work to tight timescales - especially when developing proposals and responses
- Good level of understanding around risk management and mitigation
- Strong people management and networking skills
- Document management and version control experience
- Attention to detail
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.