Our client is one of the UK's leading infrastructure contractors and are currently acting as Principal Contractor as part of an Alliance Contract on a major midlands based new infrastructure upgrade.
Reporting into the Procurement Manager this role is key to providing the delivery teams with a professional materials, plant and service supply. This will also involve taking the primary responsibility for placement of subcontract orders and communicating effectively internally across the business, with external suppliers and other bodies as directed by the Procurement Manager and Alliance Management Team.
As a key member of the procurement and project delivery team, key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Drive value from the supply chain through effective supply chain selection, relationship management and development.
- To ensure an effective supply chain structure is in place, with clear ownership of key subcontractor relationships, whilst ensuring a consistent approach across the Business Unit.
- Implementation of the Supply Chain Strategy.
- Where required, support and / or lead subcontract procurement and develop package procurement strategies.
- Prepare tender enquiries and send out for pricing in accordance with the project Procurement Schedules to meet the project programme.
- Lead the Procurement element for any Tenders, contributing to pre-start and coordination meetings.
- Draft and prepare contract documentation.
- Effectively communicate project requirements to the supply chain.
- Ordering of construction materials, plant and subcontract services.
- Work with stakeholders, at all levels, to understand internal and external requirements
- Develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels within the organisation to ensure that procurement is seen as a valued contributor to the success of the business
- Attend Project Meeting / Progress Reviews as and when required / requested by the Project teams Organisation and management of individual daily workload
- Data reporting as and requested by the Procurement Manager
As the ideal candidate, key knowledge and experience will include:
- Minimum of three years' experience within Construction / Civil Engineering sector working at senior level within a large multi business unit or project environment,
- Knowledge of best practice supply chain management tools
- Demonstrable commercial awareness, with the ability to control and monitor budgets
- To ensure high levels of accuracy and information assurance
- Ensuring confidentiality of financial and operational information relating to Supply Chain
- To act professionally in all work environments and in all interactions with stakeholders
- To work effectively within a team, sharing best practice, while also having the ability to make decisions in a fast-moving environment
- MCIPS or equivalent is desirable, including 'working towards'
- Industry-related qualifications are desirable, and could include: Trade-related qualification, Other professional qualification, ONC/HNC/HND/Degree
- IT literate and proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office packages and Procurement software
- A full UK driving licence is desirable as travelling to site may be required
A full project scope and JD can be provided.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.