Grab your basket; there's a lot more in store for you!
We are recruiting for a Store Manager in an exciting retail environment. You will be responsible for the store team and develop excellent store standards to provide amazing service to our customers every day.
You will always be ready to adapt to change, learn new things and lead your team to mobilise the retail plan. You'll be the face of the store and your local community, and despite the many tasks you're responsible for every day, you'll never be too busy for our customers.
This role comes with the ability to study Retail Manager Level 4 qualification through an apprenticeship, (in England, Wales and Northern Ireland).What you'll be doing as a Store Manager...
- Lead, support and motivate the store team to hit performance targets
- Using your organisational and planning skills to manage the stores' people-related activities, i.e. training, induction, recruitment and people management
- To exceed the profit target for the store by delivering all KPI's/cost lines
- Continually review the performance of KPIs to monitor and manage the performance of the store
- Treating every pound as your own, keeping costs low so we can create amazing value for our customers
- Demonstrate company value in putting our customers first through always driving consistent service standards and compliance.
- Experience in managing operational teams
- Experience in delivering sales and inventory targets within a dynamic retail environment
- A proven track record of driving sales and compliance in retail stores
- Experience in leading teams through significant changes and new ways of working
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and colleagues
- A team player, hands-on manager who is self-motivated and resilient, with A positive and proactive outlook
- To be computer literate with experience working with Excel
- This role comes with the ability to study Retail Manager Level 4 qualification through an apprenticeship, (in England, Wales and Northern Ireland).
- Competitive salary
- Potential to earn uncapped bonus
- An eight-week induction programme
- Continuous Learning and Development opportunities
- Career Progression
- Colleague discount
- Colleague benefits portal including an extensive range of discounts at national and local retailers
- Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – providing support 24 hours a day.
Since opening its first store in Burton-upon-Trent in 1990, Poundland & Dealz, has built a network of over 850 stores in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, offering top brands and great quality own brand products that provide customers with amazing value every day.
Poundland & Dealz offers thousands of quality products in store with over 1,000 well-known brands in 17 shopping categories including food and drink, health and beauty, household, gardening, DIY, pet, stationery, books, DVDs and toys. It is on a journey from a single price to a simple price point retailer. While the majority of items in its stores are at its original £1 price point, it is extending ranges above and below £1 that also offer amazing value.
Now part of Pepco Group with over 2,500 stores across Europe, Poundland also trades internationally in the Republic of Ireland through its Dealz brand. Dealz has a growing store base in both Poland and Spain.
Within the UK Poundland has also rolled out its fashion brand PEP&CO to approximately 300 of its larger stores. PEP&CO, launched in 2015 as a standalone brand, offers customers a full range of women's, men's and kids' fashion and is now bringing new style to Poundland with simple low pricing on family fashion that's hard to find on local high streets.
PEP&CO was also nominated in the 2019 Retail Week Awards as Private Label of The Year.
Sounds like you? apply today!
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.