Industry sector: Rail
Salary: £55-65K + extensive benefits package
To provide the delivery teams with a professional materials, plant and service supply. This will also involve taking the primary responsibility for placement of subcontract orders and communicating effectively internally across the business, with external suppliers and other bodies as directed by the Procurement Manager and Management Team
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
* To drive value from the supply chain through effective supply chain selection, segmentation, relationship management and development, and robust performance management
* To ensure an effective supply chain structure is in place for their area, with clear ownership of key subcontractor relationships, whilst ensuring a consistent approach across the Business Unit.
* Implement the Supply Chain Strategy and deliver in line with the business Success Factors.
* Provide input into subcontractor selection and the development of project tender lists and then lead the supply chain involvement
* Where required, support and / or lead subcontract procurement and develop package procurement strategies.
* Prepare tender enquiries and send out for pricing in accordance with the project Procurement Schedules to meet the project programme
* Lead the Procurement element for any Tenders, contributing to pre-start and coordination meetings
* Draft and prepare contract documentation using standard company templates or the NEC3 working alongside the company legal team to ensure compliance
* Effectively communicate project requirements to the supply chain through a variety of communication channels
* Continual identification of any Procurement related risks and opportunities, whether at Programme of Project level and reporting them onto the ARM Risk Software system
* Ordering of construction materials, plant and subcontract services across the business using the SUMMIT system when required
* Work with stakeholders, at all levels, to understand internal and external requirements
Knowledge and experience
Minimum of three years' experience within Construction / Civil Engineering sector working at senior level within a large multi business unit or project environment,
Ability to demonstrate attention to detail with regard to contractual obligations and the placement of orders
Knowledge of best practice supply chain management tools
Demonstrable commercial awareness, with the ability to control and monitor budgets
Finely tuned communication skills with regard to engaging with external and internal parties
Evidence of a sound education which should include English and Maths GCSE at grade A-C or above, or equivalent
MCIPS or equivalent is desirable, including 'working towards'
Industry-related qualifications are desirable, and could include:
Other professional qualification
IT literate and proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office packages and Procurement software
Strong people skills with the ability to liaise with all levels of personnel
A full UK driving licence is desirable as travelling to site may be required
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.