Store Manager - M&S @ Guildford Station
At SSP we are the 'Food Travel Experts'. We are the leading operator of restaurants, bars, cafes and retail stores in travel locations. Established for more than 60 years, you will be joining a world-leading organisation with superb learning, development and progression opportunities, operating over 400 stores in the UK alone.
We are now looking for a Store Manager to lead our team at our franchised M&S Simply Food Store at Guildford Station.
It’s as good as running your own business but with the support and fantastic development opportunities of working with a worldwide market leading company.
As a Store Manager you will be responsible for:
- Delivering operational excellence and financial results with very high standards.
- Leading and developing your team (of up to 15).
- Ensuring compliance with health & safety, food hygiene and licensing requirements.
- Every aspect affecting the P&L, whilst upholding the outstanding levels of customer service and operational standards for which M&S Simply Food is renowned.
This is a high profile role; to be successful you'll need to have:
- Experience of successfully managing a similar outlet such as a branded food retail store outlet.
- Set standards and operating procedures.
- Commercial awareness with good planning and analytical skills, able to understand a P&L and confident communication skills to liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong people management skills to lead, motivate and develop your team.
- Competent management of ‘brand’ or company standards, having good audit and/or mystery shopper results to show for it.
In return for your skills and experience, we offer you a rewarding and vibrant working environment, real and achievable career opportunities and excellent training and development to enhance your existing skills.
You'll receive a competitive salary of up to £34,000 p.a. plus bonus incentive, pension scheme, 28 days holiday, life assurance, up to 75% employee discount on our own and franchised brands and numerous other retailers and services, great opportunities to develop your career into different brands, more senior management roles or support functions with our award winning and accredited management development programmes.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.