Rexel UK Ltd are looking to appoint an Area Sales Manager to lead the growth of new customer acquisition and retention at senior level to drive sales and margin performance within the East Midlands region.
This is a fantastic opportunity to operate at a senior level, managing a group of field sales executives, ensuring an increase in customer numbers, spend and the identification of new sales opportunities. As a Regional Sales Manager you will be fundamental in implementing our UK sales strategy and ensuring the commercial success of your region.
What will you get in return?
Competitive salary and bonus package
Annual salary review
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Private Medical Insurance
Wellbeing platform Lifeworks
Stakeholder Pension Scheme - matched up to 4%
Ongoing learning and development through our Rexel Academy and work based learning offering
Genuine opportunities to progress through our promote from within culture
As an Area Sales Manager for Rexel, you are responsible for:
- Lead the management of a dedicated customer portfolio through a team of sales executives with the objective of growing sales and increasing gross margin
- Ensure that relevant internal expert support is available to ensure ability of quality service levels to be met
- Ensure that internal sales force support quotations process through effective engagement of Regional Sales Director, Area Manager and Branch Managers
- Lead the deployment of appropriate ‘customer journey’ strategies
- Drive multichannel adoption
- Development and deployment of regional sales and pricing strategies
- Drive sales, margin and profit growth to meet and exceed agreed targets
- Provide strong Values-led leadership to the external sales teams through leading by example
- Define objectives for the external sales executives (sales plan and P&L responsibility) and agree action plans to achieve them
- Drive capability through recruitment, development and deployment of people plans
- Performance management of external sales executives supporting vacancies where they exist
- Effective management of external sales recruitment, on-boarding (induction) and on-going coaching to drive performance levels
- Ensure effective deployment of all defined and agreed processes and ways of working in order to maximise performance and efficiencies
- Responsible for health, safety and welfare of all colleagues working as part of regional team, ensuring that all appropriate checks and training are carried out to the required level and standard
To be an Area Sales Manager for Rexel, you will need:
- Experience managing a team of sales people is highly desirable
- Strong negotiation, analysis and commercial skills
- First class communication skills with experience of presenting
- Experience of winning and managing accounts with defined Service Level Agreements
- A team player, with the ability to engage internal departments and suppliers in order to maximise performance
Rexel is a global industrial distributor serving the Electrical, PPE and MRO sectors with over 30,000 employees and operations in over 37 Countries. In the UK Rexel has over 2,000 staff working from 250+ branches.
We value people who have a sense of urgency and excitement, who demonstrate candour, insight and creativity, and thrive in an environment of change and challenge. We value people who take the company personally - being a part of Rexel UK means being part of the most exciting customer focused electrical wholesaler, a place where employees want to build their futures. Rexel is an equal opportunities employer.
Rexel UK Ltd. believes that this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the Home Office Shortage Occupation list. Therefore, Rexel UK Ltd. will not support an application for visa sponsorship and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work in the UK.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.